Friday, July 31, 2009

Life is insane

and it helps if you are insane as well - at least that is my excuse and I am sticking to it!

Very, very busy as usual. Warcrack has been my refuge and unwind at the end of the day - even though I really know I should be sewing instead, I need the unwind time!

Work is amazingly busy but I am enjoying all the learning I am doing and the interactions, even though some can be stressful at times. It's all about finding the balance.

Preparations for RWIII are going well - bookings are still an issue. Why is it people cannot say 'Hey, I'm coming' instead of me getting it third hand or 'Hey, I'd like to come but I won't know until the day before'. I know, I know, it's the SCA! It is so hard to organise an event when people just cannot be bothered to let you know what is happening. And yes, I know I am not the only one this happens too, it seems to be a bit of a cultural thing. As it stands, I have about 45 bookings including kids - about 13 have paid in total. A few have made arrangements to pay on the day (which is fine, if I know before hand), a few have said they will be depositin monies today, which is fine, but always find this part the most stressful. Dammit I need to know! (Control freak - yes I know :-))

I keep saying this is the last one, and then when things have calmed down and everyone goes away happy, I relent and do another one :-) I must admit it would be nice to actually go to an event and just hang out and not do much instead of running around like the proverbial headless chook, but is that really me? LOL All I need to do is travel to an event.............for that I need time and money *sigh*. I am hoping next year will be better time wise and we can get to a few more events. On the plans are a Rowany event (we couldn't go to Bunch o'classes 'cause Gryffen had his tonsils out the day before), Border War (did make that one this year), Spring War (cannot go this year due to medical appointment in Sydney) and a Polit event (went to their Baronial Championship last October which was nice). Will see what comes up for the rest of the year............................and I need to get my armour finished, and I need to make a gambeson, and I have a sh*&load of sewing to do.........need to finish Conrad's doublet (I know, I know), the shirts aren't going to get made, still need to finish my Italian, have new patterns to try, need to get Elizabethan flat caps (3) made before next weekend too!

Okay, I admit it, I am crazy ;-)

No comments: