Tuesday, June 01, 2010

It's a sick world we live in at times

This is just a very brief post while I am on a coffee break, I may post more later, I may not. I have a severe chest infection at the moment which is annoying the crap out of me but it is nothing in comparison with the news I just got.

People we know, let's just call them acquaintances, are in the middle of an awful situation. We always knew there was something untrustworthy about this particular person, but had no idea he was as bad as he is. He has just been arrested for sexually assaulting his step daughters. And to top it off, I also found out at the same time he had tried inappropriate behaviour with my cousin's daughter. I don't know what to feel at the moment - great sadness, extreme anger, disappointment, outrage and an overwhelming urge to cry. And no, it is no one in the SCA, it is mundanely. From what I know, the girls are okay thank the gods, I think it has affected us adults more and in ways I will not be discussing here.

No comments: