Thursday, December 06, 2007

And we're into December............

Okay..........where has the year gone? Who hit the fast forward button? I know you did!

Well it has definately been an interesting year. I can honestly say I am happy with my life and where I am in it. And it has been a bed of roses - thorns and all!

Sad to see two of our closest friends move away but happy for them at the same time. Looking forward to catching up with them again in the future and possibly as early as Festival! Huzzah!

Met some amazing people through the year and got to build on relationships which has been really cool. I feel like there is a whole new layer there. I feel like I have grown too - I have certainly learnt to take a different attitude with some things.

I love the FISH philosophy that my boss lives by:
1. Choose your attitude
2. Make their day
3. Play
4. Be present

It's amazing what a difference this can make!

Boys are growing in leaps and bounds with all the challenges that brings. I'm pretty gosh darn proud of them though - they have made some impressive achievements through the year.

Radburne is in the process of winding down and taking a new path - I'm actually quite happy with this outcome. It has been quite a journey over the last few years - most of it has been good but there has been some crap too. Glad to put that behind me though. Looking forward to playing in the SCA from a different angle as are most of the other members of our small band at the Red River.

Looking forward to spending a quiet Christmas at home (although the lead up will be hectic) and then partying at Dunedoo for New Years Eve with the family. We always have fun!

Things I am thankful for:
* My life
* My husband (who puts up with my hair brain schemes and still loves me anyway)
* My children (ditto - and who provide me so much opportunity for learning)
* My extended family
* My good friends in the SCA who help keep me sane and remind me of all the good things when times get tough
* The opportunity I have received with my work
* The support I have received from 'strangers' who have never met me personally but know me through an online presence with the SCA
* The joy that learning gives
* The joy of giving freely whilst expecting nothing in return
* The nice surprises people give you when you least expect it!
* My dogs, cats and chickens who love me unconditionally and all they ask for in return is food, water, a place to sleep and the odd cuddle or pat

I could go on and on.........yes life can get you down and it can be tough sometimes (hey, it gets to me sometimes too). I truly believe though thinking of all the good things and being thankful for what you have rather than wishing for things you don't have makes life a lot more worthwhile!

No comments: