Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday evening

Played WoW for a bit but the lag got too bad. Work is crazy busy and I now have a date - I will be acting in the IMRC role until the 26 July 2010 when the substantive returns from maternity leave. I will then do a week hand over with her and back to my normal job.

I worked out today it will be 18 months that I have been out of my substantive position when I go back! I'm in two minds about going back - my boss is awesome and I love working with her so that will be great, on the other hand, in a way I feel like I have 'moved on' so mixed emotions about that. You never know what opportunity may be around the corner (such as for project work) so I will keep my eyes and ears open ;-) Of course then there is the money too which will drop when I go back ;-) (But I knew that when I took this on so it is not a surprise.)

Had a bit of a 'meh' afternoon yesterday but it is all sorted again.

Festival is on this weekend but we won't be going - just too far and too costly. I think that first camping experience a few years ago at Glenworth Valley has scarred us a bit too ;-) Instead, we will be camping with family on a property on the river just the other side of Warren - we haven't been for ages so really looking forward to it! I will miss catching up with people at Festival, market day, watching the fighting etc but at the same time I won't miss the rain, the humidity, the mozzies and leeches, the loos and the lack of campfire and shower. At least where we are going we will have a 'loo with a view' and 'a shower with a view'. All temporary stuff but T has it made really well :-) Looking forward to his cooking on the campfire too and sitting around the fire gazing at the stars. So much family time to look forward too! I hope to catch up on some reading and calligraphy ;-)

Only two more sleeps to go! Candy will miss us and probably won't talk to us for days when we get back ;-) I must admit I will miss that brat ball of fluff! When the alarm goes off of a morning she uses both T and I as a trampoline until we get up!

No comments: