Thursday, September 27, 2007

One more day and I get a weeks holiday - huzzah!

One more day and I get a week off work - I'm looking forward to hanging out with the boys next week and hopefully working on a few projects (including updating my Dress Diary)! I have a whole heap of thoughts rattling around my head at the moment that I need to sort out and get organised. I also need to get the next edition of the Red River Runes published this weekend.

Hayfever season has hit with a vengeance - I have dutifully received my injection and take my medication daily . I just love spring! (Actually I so love spring - I love the flowers despite the hayfever and I love the weather.) I hate summer with the heat, but T loves it. I know I'm living in the wrong spot if I want cooler weather but what can you do?

What's your favourite weather? I love cool nights and warm days but no hotter than about 25 degrees celsius. I also love the fog - my favourite times to go for a walk through our forest is in the fog - you can imagine you are anywhere in any time period! I actually don't like the beach in summer - too crowded and I get too sunburnt. I love going for walks on the beach in winter, no one around and rugged up with a fresh breeze *sigh*. It must be my Dutch blood ;-)

At the moment I feel like I have a plug in my creative part of the brain that is struggling to be released - I just don't have the time! I think I need to start making time though - I'd really like to get back into writing and learn to do it properly. I have so many things I want to do but just never seem to get the time to do them! I want to travel to Europe but will probably need to wait until the boys finish school (only another nine years *sigh*).

Life is an interesting journey and you never seem to know where you will end up on the path you have chosen. It's funny, when you are younger you think you have all the time in the world to figure out what you want to do with your life, but as you travel life's roads you realise just how short a time you have and how easy it is to just let it pass you by. I believe we should live every day to the full and enjoy life as it is over far too quickly. I intend to to try and do just that. I'm going to start planning my dreams for the future in the hope that I can make them happen. Even if they don't come to fruition, at least I know I have given it my best shot.

Look out world!

No comments: