Friday, February 15, 2008

Eeek! Festival is only 2 weeks away.....

Well, actually it is 5 weeks away but it is still EEEKKK! I had a plan - which didn't quite work out - I was going to be prepared for Festival. So what went wrong you ask? Well, I busted up my ankle nearly five weeks ago (which I was informed this morning could take 3 to 6 months to heal - I need to have an MRI on Tuesday to check for ligament damage) so haven't been doing much, then T had second thoughts about going mainly to do with the 'stuff' being circulated around a wet site etc, and also could we be prepared to camp in the wet?
So now what? (Valentine's Day as it turned out was a *good* day to talk about stuff :-)) We are now going - I need to book (initially we were going to do at the gate but why should I put the organisers out when I know how difficult it can be organising a small scale event let alone something the size of Festival?) -could you imagine 300 people turning up unbooked, to camp? That would be horrendous! (sp?)
Need to make garb - lots of it! I think I will cheat with the boys duds though - they have some 'good' ones but I think trackie dacks will be a good alternative this year for extra ones. Need to make sure all our camping gear (modern) is in order - at least our campsite will be down the back so won't be too much of an eyesore! Need to work out food/menu, Stock Clerk stuff and how to keep it dry and oh so many other things! I sooooooooo want to go to Festival but at the same time I am a little aprehensive as I have no idea what to expect. We day tripped to Crossroads in 2005 and 2006 which is totally different to camping at the new site! (As I also reminded T, I have been camping in the rain for him before on fishing trips, so why should this be any different? I even have photos of a tarp on poles over the camp fire to keep it going! LOL)
Conrad wants to get authorised as a banner bearer - which means - learn the rules (he has made a start on that), get armour (I think his dad's may fit but it all needs padding etc) and organise for it to happen. (Miles is helping find out about that one for me - thanks Miles!)
Looking forward to visiting the lovely Aminah on Sunday with the equally fantabulous Johanna - it will be nice to have coffee, cake and a catch up! (Plus I get to ruffle Aminah's new sexy short hair and get to meet Max the Cat!)
PJ, one of our cats has not been home since Monday morning - hopefully she just realises she has an appointment with the vet tomorrow and is just away until that is over! She has been away for this long before but I must admit I am getting worried - Wolfstanus will be devestated (as will the rest of us) as it is his cat. Such is the nature of the beast.
Lunch is over - back to work!

No comments: