Friday, February 22, 2008

I have a Cam Boot!




Well, went back to the Ortho today - turns out I have a crack fracture in my talar bone (the one that sits between the leg and foot bones), a bruised bone and a bruised tendon (the one that runs from the inside of my ankle under the arch of the foot). Explains why my 'sprain' wasn't getting any better! I'm off work today (just cause it was so much mucking around at the fracture clinic) but will go back on Monday. I have to stay off my ankle for the next 5 weeks and stay on crutches - not looking forward to it. My arms are already tired from being on crutches for 6 weeks! It could be worse, the bone is not displaced - if it was, it would mean surgery! When I go back in 5 weeks for a check up we will see what happens next. Hopefully it will be repaired enough to start walking on a bit and start physio again.

Festival should be interesting on crutches! I'll be damned if I'm going to miss out now though!

2 comments:

Wenchilada said...

Ouch!!! You poor chook!

*Hugs*

BC Cook said...

What you need is a iwalkfree crutch. I'm about to have foot surgery and will not be able to walk for 10-12 weeks. I think this is the way to go.