Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Hump Day!

It is officially hump day today - otherwise known as the middle of the working week. It's the downhill run now to the weekend! Yay! Although I must admit it feels like Friday - I am so exhausted!

Went to the Ortho last Friday (5 hour wait - what fun! They saw over 100 patients that day!) and he wants me to wait until the 15th February before they do a CT scan on my ankle/foot. The x-ray has shown that I have a Fibula coalition with the calcaneus so he thinks that may be why the healing is taking longer than usual. (In easy terms - part of the joint in my ankle is fused together which means I naturally have less sideways movement in that ankle, hence the longer healing time.) Downside of that is that if because of that issue the ankle doesn't heal, I may require surgery to either 'slice the bones apart' or 'fuse them completely' to stabilise the ankle. So, it's still a waiting game. I've had no change in pain levels in the last week so it looks like I will have to go back for a CT scan. Crutches are still my friend although I use them less because they are such a nuisance! I'm driving too and from work at the moment - it's a bit painful but do-able. I wouldn't like to try and drive any further at the moment though!

Off to Cowra this weekend - we are caravan shopping (we have our eye on a 26 footer that needs repair) and going to the museums etc. Will be nice to do something different this weekend!

Conrad was doing Laser Tag for sport at school today, he was so excited. Can't wait to hear how he went! Gryffen turned 10 yesterday so we went to Hog's Breath for dinner - yummy as always! Wolfstanus has been suffering with Migraine (had to pick him up from school yesterday) so hopefully he will be a bit better this afternoon!

Quote of the day (from my desktop calendar)
'Ask a lot, but take what is offered.' Russian Proverb

No comments: