Monday, March 10, 2008

Only ten more sleeps til we go to Festival!

Yes, we are all getting excited (maybe not T so much but he is helping out). Had a good weekend.....

Went to Dunedoo on Friday night to see a Johnny Cash tribute show (performed by Dale Platz) - it was very, very good! Dale also does the most amazing Willie Nelson (if you closed your eyes you would swear it was Willie singing!). Boy could he play guitar, banjo and fiddle, as well as told some really good jokes. There were some great sing alongs too! All in all it was a good night out with the family (T's parents and sister as well as my parents went too).

Home Saturday morning to do the wasing etc. Johanna came over too and helped out with some more sewing (see Katrijn's Dress Diary for an update). I hope to have all my sewing done by this weekend. This weekend we will get all the camping gear together and purchase any last minute items. I also hope to get all the groceries bought so I can do any pre-cooking I need to do. T has made the boys some boffers (and is going to make them shields apparently), we need to get Conrad's armour finalised (have to put mesh on the helm and a plume). I also need to follow up with Miles if it will be possible for Conrad to get authorised as a banner bearer at Festival. At least I have next Wednesday off work to pack (clothes and food etc) - will need T to help pack the camping gear as being on crutches makes everything difficult!

Can't wait for Festival!!

No comments: