Monday, June 23, 2008

Slowly starting to focus again......


Well, SCA stuff has pretty much taken a back burner for me over the last few months. Apart from running Target Archery Practice with IKAC once a month and doing the stock clerk stuff I haven't really been interested in doing anything SCA related. The funny thing is though, now my interest has waned a little, T's has increased! LOL It has more to do with he is finding stuff he is interested in now - which was always the key. It was just a matter of slow and steady, little bits and testing the water etc. The shed sounds like a blacksmiths now - T is making armour (his new helm is looking great), P and K are also making armour. The three of them are hoping to authorise as lights at the War Weekend in August. For me I think it was a case of a bit of burn out as well as having so many other things to do - work has been crazy busy and so has family stuff. There is only one of me after all!

Our good friend Jochen called me yesterday afternoon - it was great to hear from him and I really enjoyed our chat. It actually rekindled in me why I enjoy the SCA in the first place :-) (Thanks Jochen!) Then on top of that, I have had a few bookings for Radburne War II in August so I need to start moving things in that direction. Sorle came up with a good draft timetable for the martial activities which is a great step for planning and having others involved with the organisation process. I must admit I am starting to look forward to it.

We have a potluck feast at Johanna's on the 5 July which should be a nice evening - it will be good to catch up with everyone again.

So, on my SCA to do list:
* Get the online store up and running properly (having some issues at the moment)
* Make a new dress from the painting I had picked out (see my dress diary blog)
* Finish the lacing holes on my yellow cotehardie
* Finish the lacing holes on Wolfstanus' cotehardie
* Make doublets for Conrad
* Make a gambeson for conrad and T
* Find an SCA name for T that he will agree to use (that could be a tought one)
* Paint the shields to go on the gates at the Radburne camp
* Organise an A & S activity timetable for the Radburne War weekend
* Make some T-tunics as loaner garb

Hmm - that should do for the next two weeks :-)

No comments: