Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The weather is a fickle thing

It has turned very cool again today! Forecasting a top of 19. Then the forecast for next week is high 30s! No wonder we are struggling to climatise to the season. We are getting four seasons in a week at the moment! I have to admit I prefer the 19 to the 35 degrees! (Yes I know I am living in the wrong place for cooler weather, such is life.)

Got the paperwork for Conrad's work experience - it will go back tomorrow. They are hoping for him to meet the employer next Tuesday and start work experience ASAP after that. I think it will be really good for him. Without going into any detail, things are a bit unsteady at school and we need to look at other alternatives if things don't work out at the Senior Campus next year. We need to work with Conrad to find out the best thing for him. It may mean continuing at school, a school based apprenticeship or TAFE or maybe something we haven't thought of yet. I think the next 6 months are going to be about planning his future and helping him to understand the importance of the choices he is making. Can't say life is dull!

Two more sleeps until a weekend away..........

No comments: