Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ah, the temptation........

to enrol in more study! But I will be good, and wait.......

I have been checking out uni subjects - I certainly don't have the time to enrol in a degree but there is a thing called non-award subjects. They can be used towards a degree later on but you can study one subject at a time. There are things like:
* Diploma in Languages
* Greek Heroes and Heroines: From Achilles to Zorba
* Egyptian Archeology: An Introduction
* Myth in the Ancient World
* Ancient Egyptian Religion
* Antiquity's Heirs: Barbarian Europe, Byzantium and Isalm
* Ancient Latin

Then there are some subjects at UNE (waiting to hear if they do non-award subject too like Macquarie University - couldn't help myself):
* Medieval History
* The Age of the Vikings
* An Age of Uncertainty: Later Plantagenet England

And I had to stop searching as I was starting to drool and come up with wild schemes on how I could come up with $1200 per subject!

I am thinking maybe for 2010 I might be able to start with a subject and work my way through my list! LOL It would have been so much easier to do my HSC and go onto Uni from there but I had no idea at the time what I wanted to do - I was bored at school and needed to find my way. Do I regret it? No. Would it have been easier? Yes. I cannot regret the experiences that have made me who I am today - sure things annoy me at times but for the most part, I am completely content. I know who I am, what I want and I am enjoying my life and my family. I would not trade my husband or my children for anything in this world - I like my bed of roses, thorns and all!!

Booked for Border War at Bordescros (Albury) which is on 27 February to 1 March 2009. It will be our first time at this particular event - really looking forward to it! Lots to organise before then! I have so much to do the time is just getting away!

Apparently Nickelback have a new album being released here this Saturday - will have to get that one! WoW - Wrath of the Lich King comes out here tomorrow too. I have a pre-ordered copy to pick up tomorrow - woot!

No comments: