Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I need to rant........

but I won't do too much here, I have some friends that are teachers and I know not all are tarred with the same brush. But OMG do some of them need a good dose of responsibility and common sense!!! I fear that days like today are only going to become more frequent as the year comes to an end and one of my sons goes to a new school next year (don't even get me started on my dealings with the new school to date). It has become a case of 'not my problem' with the school - the current school don't want to do anything because he is 'moving on' due to the stupid setup in this town (Year 7 - 9 at junior campus and year 10 - 12 at senior campus, which is a whole other rant) and the new school don't want to know because he is not a current student. Man!!!! The stupidity of it all is if both schools did just a few minor things differently EVERYONE would have a much easier time of it. My son, the other students, teachers etc. Aargh!!! I am dreading next year - I hope my bad feelings are misguided but some how I doubt it......... The school dropped my son off at his dad's work (get this) thirty minutes before school finished, didn't tell his brother so no message got to his nan who was picking him up. I hadn't been told anything so my poor mum rings me in a panic 'cause she and his brother can't find him, can't get onto T and the youngest one is ready to be picked up from school on the other side of town! Long story short, the boy was found, mum met me at the school where I was waiting with the youngest one and I got absolutely drenched including shoes - back at work now still fuming. The stupid thing is my son is supposed to have a space he can go to when things get overwhelming for him - why wasn't he taken there for THIRTY MINUTES! They sent my son home because the student causing the problems parents wouldn't come and pick him up! Deal with it!!! Why should my son get sent home?
Oh, and to add to the list, I am supposed to have a meeting tomorrow with the new school and a teacher from the current school, which I was told about at lunch time today, but we don't have a time yet, I'll let you know this afternoon! No, they still haven't contacted me and school finished an hour ago. I am so frustrated with the bl*&^y school system it is not funny! They expect me to just up and leave work whenever they ring, well hey buddy, I cannot do that! In an emergency, yeah fine, but not for something we have been talking about for THREE TERMS NOW and you could have organised with much more warning!

And on that note I think I will stop 'cause I feel my blood boiling again..........if only I could get on WoW now........

1 comment:

DV said...

*hug*

sounds sucky and I hope it it gets better and the school people start being sensible.