Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Flying update

Which is about all I have time for these days! On a short lunch break so thought I would post quickly.....
* Work is soooo busy, but really good
* Johanna made Radburne badges for everyone which is really cool
* Have lots of sewing to do as usual before the war weekend
* Raburne War III is on in 7 weeks - OMG!
* Wolfstanus still has Tonsillitis - on a stronger lot of meds now and on his second week home from school
* Gryffen is finally bouncing again and will be getting surgery to remove nasty tonsils in two more sleeps which means I have an overnight stay in hospital with him. Not looking forward to it but will be glad to have it done and get him on the mend - it is very necessary. He hasn't gone back to school though as we cannot risk him getting sick again - there is a confirmed case of Swine Flu at his school
* Conrad is well again although seems to be quite tired and 'down'. He says there is nothing wrong but I think I will need to keep an eye on him.......
* Having yummy beef stew in the slow cooker for dinner with smashed potatoes - drool!
* Terry has been unwell too - I think he has a touch of the flu
* I have a prickly throat and feeling run down too - yuck!
* Gauntlets have proved to be interesting - turns out I have odd shaped knuckles on my hand - the one for the middle finger sticks out further than the rest - once padding is in the gauntlets they don't fit properly. The half gauntlet is fine but the fingered one needs modifying.........
* Have fit the lining for Conrad's doublet - hope to get the velveteen cut out this weekend and sew it
* Need to go shopping with my mum this weekend to Spotlight - she is after material for a doublet for my dad (Mum has decided to go Tudorish with a McCalls (?) pattern I have but has enough material in her stash we think) - I also need to make dad a hat with a feather in it ;-)
* Had to have an ultrasound on my leg - I have a Lipoma (fatty tissue tumor - it is benign so all is good but it is rather large and can be annoying - may need to have it removed if it causes any issues with the surrounding blood vessels etc)
* Chickies are happy in their new home - I love going up there of a morning and letting the Silkies out of the hen house. They follow me everywhere! LOL Even the big chickens do! We have a broody hen but not sure she is sitting enough to get the eggs to hatch. She has four so we will see how she goes.........

And now I need to go for a quick walk to get some fresh air and get back to work!

No comments: