Saturday, June 27, 2009

Yeah, I know it's been a long time again

between posts - what can I say? Warcrack has been more appealing of an evening than posting as I am too brain dead when I get home from work, cook tea, tidy up, organise kids etc to post.

So, I'm afraid all you are going to get is dot points on stuff. The worst part is I'll usually think of meaningful things to write as I am dozing off to sleep at night or when I am driving but by the time I get to post it's all gone ;-)
* Gryffen is recovering okay - he did have tummy issues from all the meds he has been on but that seems to be getting better. He is actually up and about today.
* Wolfstanus is over his tonsillitis too and back at school - I saw his Maths teacher yesterday who said he is doing really well in Maths and she has high expectations for his exam next week (no pressure or anything ;-))
* Conrad is tired of school again but has been doing quite well. He got an A- for work education and has impressed his employer for work experience. He also got a really good mark for Science and a 73 for PDHPE. These are the best marks he has ever received so the set up at the Senior Campus has been beneficial. We have had some 'social' issues with moron kids but you get that anywhere *sigh*
* Conrad dropped his phone at school last Friday (he had it so I could text him when Gryffen got out of surgery). He reported it to the deputy and his teachers but of course no one had seen it or handed it in. Luckily it was a pre-paid but we still had $30 worth of credit stolen from it. We have a lead and the DP has a name but that student has not been at school so to date she has not been able to interview him. The charmer also signed up to 'Pink Babes' which has meant large charges for that. Telstra as usual were most unhelpful and managed to stuff up the blocking of SIM cards etc - they managed to cut of Wolfstanus' instead of Conrad's, and then told us when we deactivated the old SIM and got the new SIM for the number the 'thief' could not use the number - that does not seem to be the case when I look at the number history *sigh*. I've managed to transfer most of the credit off now but we still lost an extra $6 last night. I am going to keep the number for now to track the calls whilst the school is investigating - we have told them that if the phone is not returned we will go to the police with the information and names we have. I don't hold high hopes. We are going to get a new phone and new number for Conrad today. I just find it a sad reflection on society that the 'norm' is finders keepers, losers weepers rather than people doing the right thing and handing in things they find that do not belong to them. I know there are some out there that do the right thing, it just seems that they are the minority now.
* Need to get Wolfstanus a new MP4 today (his got broken accidentally)
* Work is ridiculously busy but good
* I am road tripping next week to Orange and Bathurst for a couple of days
* Had to get new tyres for the ute today
* Have lots of sewing to do
* Have lots of organising for RWIII to do
* It has rained every weekend for about the last 4 weeks - not good for getting the site ready! LOL
* My chickens still bring a smile to my face and I love watching them when things are a little stressful

On the whole, life is good and I am content!!

No comments: