Friday, January 08, 2010

Waiting for it to be 11pm........

so I can start a download for C. We have reached 48% of our peak download allocation and it is only the 8th of the month! I guess that is what happens when you have 4 computers hooked up to the net and it is school holidays ;-)

Christmas has been and gone - it was a wet one this year with over 100mm rain. It rained all day but we still spent it outside at the BBQ area with the aid of tarps!



Lots of time with family, same as New Year's Eve. I got to have two weeks off work, back on Monday. Not looking forward to all the stuff I will have to deal with. *sigh*

I am handing over the SCAA Stock Clerk office after 4 years - everything is packed up. I just need to work out when I can get to Sydney to hand over all the stuff - there is too much to send via courier or the like - it would cost an absolute fortune!

I've decided to take up calligraphy - as have the boys. I'm thinking about joining the College of Scribes (if they will have me). This is my first attempt at 'Uncial Hand'. I've had to order paints and ink online as I can't get it here. One of the downfalls of living west of the Blue Mountains ;-)



I keep looking for SCA events we can try and get too but there always seems to be something conspiring to stop us *sigh*. We are booked and paid for Border War in Wagga Wagga at the end of February, looking forward to that. We were planning on attending Crown Tourney in May in Rowany but it turns out it is the Mother's Day weekend. We were planning on staying with T's sister in Sydney but she will be in Dubbo that weekend more than likely. Will try and sort something out....... Rowany Festival is out at Easter. The drive is just too far and the cost too much. Our first experience at the new site wasn't the best either so not too keen to repeat the experience at this stage. Planning on attending Spring War in October but we will have to see what happens. Keeping an eye out for Rowany and Polit events - we would have liked to go the Polit event in February but it is only 2 weeks before Border War and it is too much to do both *sigh*.

The animals are doing well, both Princess and Candy have grown so much!

We still volunteer at the RSPCA - hope to go in the morning. It is so sad though - they have received over 100 animals this year already, that's in only 8 days!!! What is wrong with people and being responsible? Sadly, a lot of people don't see animals as important.

Speaking of important animals, Candy is climbing over the keyboard telling me it is bed time ;-)

No comments: