Monday, January 17, 2011

Good start to the year

It looks like this year is going to be the year of lots of things happening - apart from all the special birthdays and SCA events, work wise things are moving along too! I have been offered to act in the Regional Learning and Development Officer position for 3 months whilst it is recruited too. I have never applied for it before as I don't have a tertiary qualification, you need to have a minimum of Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. I have decided to enroll in said course at TAFE at the end of the month - they are running it part time here on a Wednesday evening. If things work out, I may even apply for this job permanently as it is an area I have always been interested in. Exciting times ahead - the boys are on a warning that they will be expected to do what they need to do without me yelling at them all the time. Could be a long road :-) LOL

Went to Penrith on the weekend - had a lovely time on the Nepean Belle Saturday evening for a dinner cruise for my friend's 40th birthday. It was great catching up with everyone, and despite the awful humidity and heat, we all had a great time. I also got to go to '2 bead or not 2 bead' and bought some lovely things there. Many projects to do!

I also got good news with my latest Scribes assignment - it has made the grade and the AoA will be given to the person intended. I still have a long way to go but it is good to know I am getting there. I also need to start designing the illumination for the title page of the Lochac Book of Ceremonies we are making for November Crown.

We are heading off to Festival this year - really excited about it. Lots of sewing and preparation to do. Can't wait to catch up with lots of lovely people and attend some classes etc.

The animals are all going well including my border collie Shakespeare (who I got last year.)

No comments: