Monday, January 14, 2008

Okay, I admit it, I'm a doofus!

Well, this is probably not news to most of you - but I have excelled myself today! Whilst walking back from my mum and dad's this morning to head to the car to go to work, I misjudged the bottom step and down I went. There was a resounding 'crack' from my ankle. I sat in the dirt and cried for a moment or two - then thought 'Okay - now how do I get inside?' By this time my mum had already gone to work, my dad couldn't see me (down a hill) and the boys were all still asleep in bed. I managed to get myself up and hopped to the back door - locked! Damn! I hopped down the path, crawled up the steps on the verandah, hopped to the front door and inside. I then got the phone and crashed on the lounge. I rang my dad and told him I had a slight problem - he came right down.
As it is my right foot I hurt I cannot drive so dad and the boys piled in the car and we drove to the hospital. Three hours later I came out with crutches and a bandaged foot. The x-rays did not show any fractures so it has been put down to a bad sprain and pulled ligaments (the cracking noise was the ligaments in my foot). I have 3 days off work and a note to go to my GP in a week to make sure everything is healing the way it is supposed too. I will be on crutches for a while I think - I can't put any pressure at all on my right foot without collapsing in a heap! The boys have been looking after me today - they are so sweet!

On happier news, I got two cotehardies made for Wolfstanus yesterday. It is a new pattern I tried and I'm really happy with the result. I'll put an update on my dress diary tomorrow with photos.

No comments: