Saturday, January 05, 2008

What we do for fun on a Friday and Saturday night.........


is knock down dead trees and mow knee high scrub grass with a 16hp ride on lawn mower! Bwahahaha! I'm sure the neighbours think we are insane! Trying to clear 25acres by hand is not everyone's idea of a good time! LOL But when you are on a shoe string budget and don't have a tractor, a Sigma paddock basher is the next best thing! Our lovely neice and nephew (who are in their 20s) have been helping us out too. The boys have been helping as well and we have achieved a huge amount in the last two days and been having fun while we are doing it!

For those that were at the Radburne War Weekend, we have done the front of the block pretty much down to the dam (where the Drakkar camp was) and in towards where the feasting area was. We will have a really good area cleared before the Anniversary Feast and a good camp area for the War Weekend. Speaking of which, I am now in planning mode and have already had a few expressions of interest! Huzzah!!! We should also have some permanent shade structures and bench seating, as well as a fort complete with ditch and bridge for battles. I'm starting to get excited again! I think with plenty of planning we may be able to improve on the last one! (We can but try!)

I'm off to bed......I have muscles aching that I did not know I had! LOL We're off fishing tomorrow at one of the local reserves on the Macquarie River and taking a picnic lunch. I think I will take one of my new books to read...........

No comments: