Friday, April 11, 2008

Eating sunflower seeds...

I am trying to eat a bit healthier (not that my diet is toooo bad)and I am trying sunflower seeds to avoid the temptation of chocolate and crisps at work. They are surprisingly tasty and I am enjoying them very much! I have eaten them 'in' things before but not on their own. I think they could become a habit! I am also trying to drink two bottles of water a day (600ml) on top of my normal supply of diet mineral water and a couple of cups of cinamon coffee (low fat of course). I am half way through my first bottle of water.........looking forward to being able to do some exercise again (i.e. going for a walk around our property) but I think that will still be some way off [sigh]. I'm still walking around in the cam boot and my ankle is still quite painful (I overbalanced yesterday when I didn't have the cam boot on and it swelled up a bit again), for the most part now I don't use the crutches anymore. I can drive again though which is definately a huge plus!
Went to the optometrist yesterday - expensive trip as usual! LOL Gryffen needs new lenses but for a good reason - his script is now too strong as his eyes have improved. He may even grow out of needing glasses which is great news! Wolfstanus does not need glasses however he does have a stigmatism developing, probably from knuckle-rubbing the eye due to allergies. I got to see the polops under his eye lid! OMG! My eyes have deteriorated slightly which means I need slightly stronger lenses - I opted for new frames this time too as I can't go for ten days without them (means I have a spare pair) and the frames are about 4 years old. I have gone for a purply colour which the boys helped me pick out. It was rather funny! I'd put a pair on and they would tell me either yes or no - the consensus was unanimous with the pair I ended up with! LOL Conrad wears glasses too but he had his visit last year. The three of us also had the photos taken of the back of our eyes to check the health of them too. We all have healthy eyes although not much pigmentation (which is the protection from light and burning) - means sunglasses and hats at all times when outdoors! The boys are good at wearing hats, but need to be better with sunglasses! They started today which is good. I can't go outside without sunnies as I have light sensitive eyes so I already wear mine all the time (including if I am a passenger at night - oncoming headlights kill me! This is why I avoid driving at night.)
The feast is only 8 days away so trying to get organised for that. Wolfstanus and I have started learning the play and getting props organised. I still need to finish lacing holes! Maybe on the weekend.....
Wolfstanus' cat went missing a couple of months ago - we hope to get him a kitty from the RSPCA this weekend.......

No comments: