Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Buyer beware.......

especially of finance people at car yards! Really long story short, we are seeking advice from the Department of Fair Trading. We thought we were getting a personal loan over 5 years for x amount of dollars and would own a vehicle at the end. My other half (bless him) was too trusting and trusted what he was told and signed on the dotted line (the THIRD page of a contract) without all the details of the agreement being shown to him. He was given no loan documents and to date we still do not have a copy of what he signed. Unsigned documents arrived today (nearly 3 weeks after the purchase) from the finance company and several phone calls/visits to the car yard. And OMG we went WTF!!!! We ended up with 59 repayments of x (as originally told) with a residual of $10K to be paid at the end as a final payment (which we were not told). There is no way in hell we would have bought that car if we had full knowledge. Lesson - no matter how trusting or how well someone comes across, never, ever, ever trust them when it comes to finance. THEY WILL SCREW YOU!!! Other half has had heated discussion with finance person - he is supposed to be talking to powers that be and ringing back tomorrow. Honest mistake he says - LIKE HELL!!! He didn't request any proof of exising debts, income etc. The loan application has incorrect details and we received no payout figure from the old loan (which I am chasing up). It is the biggest balls up I have ever seen! I suspect the figures have been fudged and I am hoping to prove it. I should hear back from Fair Trading in the next 7 days too. I am so angry at the moment with this Dealership I cannot put it into words! I really feel sorry for the other half too - he feels so bad about it all. I'm not angry with him in the least - he was severely taken advantage of!

No comments: