Thursday, August 28, 2008

Update.......

Had some interesting discussions with the car yard today - the bottom line is they admitted they were mostly to blame and had done several things badly. As it turns out, once everything was explained properly, we aren't as bad off as we thought we were (luckily for us) and the car yard are working with us to make sure we are happy with the outcome. We will be finalising things tomorrow.
They have changed one of their practices - they were not issuing a 24 hour cool off period for linked credit on commercial vehicles - turns out I was right and they are supposed too. I think some good things have come out of a bad situation for both sides so I have at least found a silver lining ;-)
On other exciting news (for me anyway) I put my engagement ring into the jewellers to be remade. My current one (which is 17 years old) is very fragile and I keep losing the stones out if it! (Expensive and upsetting!) So I am having it remade as the same band as my wedding ring, in the same style as my engagement ring and re-using the stones. This means that the original will still exist to some degree (totally sentimental of course) which I am really happy about. It will take up to 4 weeks to get back so I'm really excited (and will be counting down the days)! I had to put another ring on that finger as it felt too weird without it (they needed my wedding ring too to make sure the engagement one fits it properly.) T has his wedding ring back too now after we had to get it reshaped - he got it caught on a pipe about 6 months ago which bent it completely out of shape! We just never got around to getting it fixed. We were at dinner the other night and he said how much he missed having it on his finger and he was always looking for it - so we remembered to get it done yesterday. Don't you just love the ones that look hard on the outside but are all squishy in the middle? LOL

No comments: