Monday, June 11, 2007

One more sleep to go.........

Yep, that's right, one more sleep until I get my remaining two wisdom teeth removed! Huzzah!!! Not looking forward to the actual removal but can't wait to recover and get back to a life not ruled by my teeth!

Had a quiet long weekend with my inlaws on a sheep property about 100km away....had a nice time with the family, got some walks in, got to see the dams full and creeks flowing which has not happened in so long! Tragic though for Newcastle and Sydney.....

Went back and had a look at what I thought might have triggered the last lot of nastiness and feel comforted in the fact that again it was another 'blown completely out of proportion thing'......I re-read an email I thought might have been a trigger for a completely unfair comment in a report and can safely say I think that it was a complete and utter over-reaction yet again and taken completely out of context! I am no longer going to worry about it and feel I can reasonably explain the situation to anyone who cares to listen with an open mind. I am a little concerned about judgements people may make without knowing the whole story but I cannot worry about that either. If people do not want to hear both sides of the story then there is not much I can do about it.

Although I am not a religious person, one of my favourite things is the Serenity Prayer. I think some of the lines in it are just sheer common sense and I always try and think of it in situations like these......

The Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr


I'll give an update post teeth extraction - may be a few days though........

No comments: