Thursday, May 29, 2008

And another week is nearly gone.....

I did get my assignment done last weekend and posted on Monday - what a relief! Only 3 more to go. I have not been practicing as much as I should and therefore I am not that great going off memory, but if I can just get through these last assignments I will be okay. Once that pressure is off I am going to go back to the beginning to refresh the old brain and then practice every day. Yes I will dammit!

Still have the cough and the yucky chest/sinus thing happening. Not too bad though. Kids have bit of the same - Wolfstanus has been off school for the last two days with a really bad throat. Hubby had to go the doctors today too - throat infection. My mum also had to go to the doctors - hurt her back and she can hardly move! Telling my mum to rest though is akin to telling the sun not to shine! Dad and I are just taking the no nonsense approach and she is just going to have to deal with it! She will get grumpy but it's for her own good!

Packing boxes at work - pretty much all my stuff is packed. The removalists arrive tomorrow so it will be a funny day I think. In the temporary office on Monday (for several months whilst they refurbish our current office) - not looking forward to having to unpack again. The worst will be the computers and phones - all the stuff we have now is being moved over the weekend. We are all a little aprehensive whether it will all be working Monday morning. Time will tell - we can always hope for a miracle!

This weekend have some family stuff to do, need to do the usual cleaning etc and I need to get started on my next assignment. I can't complete it until I get my other one back though as I need to re-do anything I have done incorrectly. I can start on it though. At least if I get most of it done, when I get the other one back I can just do the corrections and then send it off! That's the plan anyway!

Next Friday is our 16th wedding anniversary - quite an achievement in this day and age. And yes, it has been a bed of roses, thorns and all! LOL We are going out for dinner with the boys at the usual haunt - Hog's Breath. I have to say I do not regret a minute of it - even the tough times. It's all the experiences that shape you as a person so how can I regret any of that? I have learned so much in the last 17 years - about who I am as a person, how to deal with a whole range of things good and bad, and the importance of family. It's okay that we are all different - I have learned to accept a lot of differences and why people act the way they do sometimes. I won't let myself be a doormat but I do think I sort most things out pretty well. The other joy of my marriage of course is our three wonderful boys - the first one arrived 11 months and 1 week after we got married, just 3 weeks before our first wedding anniversary, the second one 19 months later and the 'baby' 3 years and 2 months after that. I think I'm pretty darn fortunate! Would I trade my life with anyone, including a movie star or royalty? Hell no! I think I have a pretty good life!

No comments: