Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Mood = reflective

Don't you just hate it when you are forced to look at what you are doing and work out what you need to change?

I am so sick of people getting narky on email lists and not stopping to think before they type. I have to take a step back though and remind myself it could just be my interpretation too. Email lists are a bugger that way. Really I should be thanking this person though - he made me stop and think about all the things I am trying to achieve and am I being realistic? I also asked myself *why* I was on that particular list. The light bulb came on and I removed myself from that particular email list - I do not need to be there. It was not something I was particularly interested in - I thought I was serving a purpose by being there - to relay information between members of our group that do not have access to email lists and that particular group. Turns out I was wasting my time and theirs. So to 'Grumpy' - thank you - you just helped me free up some more time and made me realise it really wasn't necessary for me to be doing what I was doing. It also made me stop and think about a whole lot of other SCA stuff and what I need to be doing. (Occassionally I need a good swift kick to bring me back to reality - I like to think I'm superwoman at times but my mum keeps telling me I'm not and I need to slow down.)

I just posted an email to the Radburne group on my view of the world (in Radburne) at the moment and I feel better for it and more focused. I cannot single handedly make things work (although I like to think I can LOL) and I am risking burnout again if I keep it up. Is it worth that? I don't think so.

I think I also need to stop wearing my rose coloured glasses when it comes to the SCA - that way I might reduce the amount of times I am disappointed. Don't get me wrong - there are lots of great things about the SCA and some fantastic people (a number I am priveledged to call friend) but there are also things/people that aren't great. I forget that whilst there are a lot of people that *do* like to help and answer questions and are tolerant, there are also those who aren't. They tend to make you come crashing down to earth in a hurry.

Things I have decided:
* Archery will be my SCA focus
* This edition of the newsletter will be my last one
* Stock Clerk stuff needs my attention and focus
* I am not going to stress about the War Weekend - if we get attendees great, if not we will still have a camping weekend and have a fort we can play in. I am not going to put pressure on myself to have the *best* war weekend - reality is most people don't want too/can't travel to us. So be it.
humorous pictures
more cat pictures

No comments: