Monday, May 12, 2008

There is nothing quite like....

The sound of chainsaws, the smell of sawdust and petrol whilst enjoying the scenery on a 3000 acre sheep property. We cut wood on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning for my in-laws now the cooler weather is approaching. Conrad and Wolfstanus did a really good job of splitting some of the wood with an axe and burnt off some energy. Poor Gryffen has been sick since Friday with his tummy ‘issues’ and has pretty much been stuck to the lounge. He still isn’t well today and I was starting to get concerned about dehydration. He’s with my mum and dad today and no news is good news. Hopefully he is on the mend now; things were starting to improve late yesterday. (Update: mum just called to say he has had something to eat, he is drinking and seems to be improving – huzzah!)

Had a lovely weekend with both sides of the family – got a surprise visit from our nephew and his family from Wagga. They turned up Saturday and had dinner with all of us before heading off to his father’s place. All in all it was quite a good weekend. I even got to veg out on WoW online for a few hours last night too.

I’ve still got a huge list of things to do which I never seem to get around to doing. I just keep chipping away at it…….one day I might get through it! LOL

The thing on top of today’s list is getting Conrad a birthday present – he is 15 tomorrow! Unbelievable! Time sure gets away in a hurry! Speaking of which, time to get back to it…………

No comments: