Thursday, January 15, 2009

Air Con is one of the best inventions ever!

Have I mentioned I hate summer? Summer is the worst time of the year - I hate the heat. However, the funny thing is in my office I need to keep a spare jacket because it can get freezing in here! The problem is, when you go outside, the heat feels much worse because the temperature difference is so great! (Like 15 degrees inside and 42 degrees outside.) And I have to go out in it in about an hour *sigh*.

Didn't feel like doing much last night - heat making me feel bleh. Did the handsewing on Wolfstanus' gambeson which took about ten minutes, watched TV, traced gauntlet pattern pieces onto steel for T to cut out, cooked dinner, rescued a bearded lizard (actually Wolfstanus rescued it from Cleopatra the Cat - it was bleeding so we put it in an empty fish tank with some water for it to drink) and had to rescue it a second time from Rex the Cat who sat on top of the fish tank to see what was in it. I thought the poor lizard was going to die of heart failure the way he was trying to get away! The lizard survived the night, the bleeding had stopped fairly quickly, and it has been released down the paddock and has run off into the distance.

Had to put the lid on the chicks box this morning - two had 'jumped' out through the night so I was greeted by them at 7am when I went to the bathroom. It was kinda cute to say 'Okay, where are you?' and have them come running over chirping ;-) I cannot believe they will be two weeks old tomorrow! (And yes, they had left little presents on the floor I had to clean up.)

Work has quietened down a bit today which is nice - I can catch up on a few things. I need to do hand over tomorrow with the lady that will be acting in this position until the substantive is back on 27 January. I am so looking forward to my two weeks away from work even though I know it will be very busy!

Anyhow, back to it............

No comments: