Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I hate summer

because I hate temperatures above 26 degrees! Yeah, I know, I live in the wrong spot if I hate the heat but not much I can do about it ;-) What I do like about here is that we can afford to have 25 acres of space to do with pretty much as we please! LOL

Time has been taken up with the chickalings (go here if you wish to read more about my chickens) so I haven't been doing much else. Besides, it has been too hot! It was still over 30 degrees at 9am last night. *sigh* I haven't been playing WoW as I have been reading up on chickens ;-) Hmm, makes me sound a bit clucky doesn't it? LOL

I really need to get sewing again with Border War fast approaching - I have been looking up some Viking pattern info as I think this will be the coolest and most comfortable for us all to wear. Also need to get some tunics made for the boys to go under their armour (can't buy the pre-quilted cotton anymore here - bugger!!). At least T has his which was the most important one. I also need to get some fighter training organised. Might see if they want to do it after tea on Saturday if it isn't too hot. We may also be going to Western Plains Zoo on Sunday morning - it is half price for locals this month and they have Cheetah cubs!

It is weird to think Aminah is now in Vietnam and it will be quite some time before we see her again, she has been such a big part of our lives over the last 5 years or so. Miss you girl and hope you are having fun and settling in!!

Got a lot more done on the SCAA Stock Clerk website (go here if you want to see what I am talking about)but it isn't quite ready to go live yet. I have run into a couple of snags and I am waiting on some peoples to get back to me.

If you want to know what this SCA thing is I keep talking about, go here. Lots of fun!

Anyow, time to get back to work!

BTW, I finally got my certificate to say I completed 'Shorthand Theory' through TAFE Plus NSW. Huzzah!!!

No comments: