Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ponderings on my little universe

Well, it's been a while again. A brief summary of happenings:
* Been sick again (sinus/throat/chest infection *thing*) - starting to get on the mend
* I now have plantar fasciitis and achilles tendonitis so back to physio *sigh*
* The boys had mates out for a camp over last weekend (Friday night to Sunday lunch) - 5 extra boys but they were great!
* Work is very busy but very rewarding
* Starting to get organised for the Anniversary Feast and Tourney in May
* Insanely contemplating running a May Crown event - was thinking 2011 but I think that may be out. That year we have a 30th, two 40ths, a 50th, a 60th, a 70th, two 18ths and a 21st that I can think of quickly. Three of those fall in May including Conrad's 18th! So may need to look at 2012 ;-) (Do those years sound wrong to anyone else? Although saying 2009 still seems weird! LOL) I am going to do some research though and see if a) it is plausible or b) I have completely and utterly gone insane! LOL
* My hand raised chickens have all gone into the big pen now - will upload photos to Chickadee Chirpings in the next few days
* Got a heap of work done to the paddock, fort and camping space a few weekends ago. Got big plans for the tavern ;-)
* Terry and Pete are still training as heavies and have plans for armour
* I am thinking about becoming a combat archer - Terry is going to make armour for me.
* Shadow is growing in leaps and bounds and is turning out to be a very good dog
* Been playing WoW the last few nights instead of doing other stuff ;-)
* Been re-learning to play the flute. I've been doing about half an hour a night when I can (except when I was too sick). It's a little frustrating 'cause my wrist aches now and I need to get the breathing happening correctly again but I really have missed playing. After 22 years I can expect to be a bit rusty I guess!!! At least I can still read music LOL.

Anyhow, back to work!

No comments: