Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hmmm, it's been a while......

Despite plans to post regularly, it hasn't happened ;-) Having to share a computer and having spasmodic internet connection means spasmodic posting ;-)

We decided to stay home for Easter this year to do stuff at home - it rained, all weekend! Started about 4pm Friday and has only stopped today (it is still overcast). At least we got the brick fireplace at the BBQ area built before the rain set in. For the rest of the weekend was sewing, eating chocolate, having BBQ in between showers, dinner with mum and dad, lots of WoW and sleeping in. I've got a rather large post to get together for my dress diary - I have been writing notes as I have been going and taking some photos. I just need to get motivated and post it! Maybe tomorrow - WoW is calling! LOL



I have a few days off work this week - spent 5 hours today cleaning the house with the help of the boys - looks reasonable again ;-) Going to see Monsters vs Aliens tonight at the movies. Will spend tomorrow washing. Need to do some planning for the anniversary feast (especially a plan B if it rains). Plan B will probably involve the use of lots of tarps and the BBQ area! LOL Thursday will be ironing and sorting things out for Sydney. Heading to Sydney Friday lunch time to stay with my sister in law. River cat to CBD Saturday and then to Powerhouse Museum, mono rail and whatever else we decide to do. Head home again on Sunday, then back to work on Monday.

Acupuncture has been going well - stopped headaches and for the first time in 14 months, I am pretty much pain free in my right foot and ankle! Now if my left foot would just settle down I'd be right! Plantar fasciitis and achilles tendonitis in both feet is so NOT fun!

On other news, my flute playing is coming along. I still can't get the clear sound I used too but that will come with time and practice. Gryffen is learning to play the Shoe Bransle (Clog Bransle) with me on the recorder. We hope to perform it at the feast. I don't think we will be doing a play this year - not enough time to learn something, nor the motivation. I think with Stewarding the event it will be too much to organise and be in the play as well. Maybe next year.......

No comments: