Thursday, April 30, 2009

Interesting reading

Whilst on my lunch break, thought I would read up on one of my pet interests at the moments - my chookies. I'm looking for chook friendly plants I can grow in their new pen that will be good for them to eat, will help with natural pest control and improve the environment they are living in. There is some really interesting things that are definately doable! It will mean putting a lot of things in pots with wire over the top so they can eat the growth that comes through the wire but not destroy the actual plants! I'm going shopping tonight! Some of the things I am looking for are:
* Aloe vera
* Italian Parsley
* Comfrey
* Wormwood
* Rosemary

I can get an awful lot of geranium cuttings from home and I also read they love pumpkin vines (to play/hide in) so I think that will be another good thing - we have those in the vegie garden already ;-)

I really want to start doing more of this instead of being shut up in the house on computers all day, every day! Ah, the plans.........

No comments: