Wednesday, April 22, 2009

On a five minute coffee break.......

so doing a few musings. I need a break from what I am doing so I can re-focus!

Looking forward to acupuncture this afternoon - my neck and shoulders are tense and sore. We will be trying 'cupping' today - I have been warned it can cause circular bruises so it will be interesting to see what happens! (I do not bruise very easily.)

Manic plans for May Crown 2010 have been put aside and sanity has returned. Rowany are putting forward a bid so fingers crossed they get it! It will mean we can actually get to a Crown event and I offered assistance in whatever small capacity I can to get some experience. We will look at bidding for May Crown 2011 (the party year) or possibly 2012. Right now, I am going to focus on the feast and tourney for next month and the war weekend in August.

I want to make the feast speccy and fun (there will only be around 20 of us with 4 for the tourney). So, the 'to do' list:
* Better directions for the website (partially done)
* Road signage
* Flags (done thanks to Johanna)
* Menu (done)
* Tavern to be improved (extended and a sloped roof)
* More tables and benches (re-paint the existing ones)
* Banner for Terry
* Waiver forms
* Games (organised)
* Learn a dance to teach!
* Voice heraldry to be sorted with Vardor
* Thrones for the B & B (I have a cunning plan ;-))
* Prizes for IKAC, heavy and combat tourneys
* Portaloo (booked)
* Ropes and signs for on the property to parking etc
* Email to lists (done)
* Booking form (done and online)
* Heraldic surcoat for Terry
* Finish my new (experimental)garb!
* Finish the new chook pen so we can make the old pen into a dog yard to keep them locked up with everyone there
* New doublet for Conrad
* New doublet for Gryffen
* New shirt for Conrad, Gryffen and Terry (if I get time)

Oh boy - only 3 weeks to go! Time to get my skates on and leave warcrack alone!!!

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

No comments: